GLIPMSE 10’ – STEP INTO THE WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
Photography takes an instant out of time, holding life still in that moment. It captures the feelings of the heart and the beauty of the nature in a single click by replicating the image seen in that flash of light.
The camera can photograph thought and you can let us know about all your thoughts through GLIMSE 10’ – Your Step into the World of Photography.
The Department of Mass Media in Birla College is organizing GLIPMSE 10’ – A photography competition and seminar on the 21st of August, 2010.
GLIMPSE 10’ aims to encourage budding photographers to capture images in pieces of space and time and then put them on paper for others to judge the best. The three themes of the competition are –
INDIA THROUGH MY LENS –
As the country ushers into the 64th year of Independence GLIMPSE 10’ gives its participants a chance to capture their motherland through the camera lenses. Go ahead and click what you feel depicts India the best – India’s glorious heritage, the diverse people who reside here, their distinct culture and traditions.
CLICK – EDIT – PRINT –
To win in GLIIMPSE 10’ don’t enhance the same things but showcase them differently. Let your imagination and ideas run wild all the way through with your creativity. Exhibit your skills in editing software like Photoshop, Corel draw, Adobe Illustrator by changing the look of the photograph clicked by you using these softwares.
Beauty can be seen in all things around but composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. Snap that shot which will bring a smile on the face of who ever see it. Snap those happy moments of life right and you may be the lucky winner.
The competition will be followed by a seminar on the topic Editorial Photography. The speaker of the seminar is Mr. K Madhavan Pillai , the Editor of Better Photography Magazine which has been in the forefront in India and South Asia since the last thirteen years. Everyone is welcome to attend the seminar and excel in the art of writing with light… photography.
RULES FOR GLIMPSE 10’ –
Entering the competition:
1) The competition is open to the college students in Mumbai University
2) Entrants are allowed to submit maximum of five photographs.
1) Photo prints must be in A4 size.
2) Soft copy of the theme CLICK –EDIT-PRINT should be submitted.
3) The context and theme name should be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
4) Photographs should be strictly captured by the participants with their names written at the back of the photographs submitted.
5) One CL is required from each college contingent.
6) Registration for seminar is mandatory for participants. The entry fee for the seminar is Rs. 50 per participant.
7) Entries in the form of scan files should be JPEG files.
8) The digital files should have the minimum resolution of 1600 x 2400 pixels.
9) The file size should not exceed 2 MB.
1) All entries must be submitted latest by16th August 2010.
Judging and results:
2) The entrant must be the sole creator of his or her photograph.
3) Glimpse will appoint a judging panel to determine the winning images.
4) The decision of the judges will be final.
5) Entries will be judged on the basis of interpreting and expressing the theme along with the technical and aesthetic quality of the photographs.
6) No vulgarity or obscenity should be portrayed in photographs. This will lead to disqualification. The Selection Committee of Glimpse’ 10 will have complete authority to take any decision in this regard.