Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print production and photography project

Photography Project: Street Photography

“Taking pictures is like panning for gold. You do it again and again, and sometimes you find a nugget.” – Raghubir Singh.

Photography is something very new for me, and this project has been my first learning experience in this art form. The reason behind choosing street photography is cause of certain reasons, firstly because I have always been fascinated with the whole concept of Street photography, secondly the works of Raghubir Singh have greatly inspired me to get out on the streets with a camera and explore the contemporary streets of Mumbai. His work boosted me to try street photography. For him, ‘colors’ have been an important aspect in his work and so I have till some extent tried to follow his steps.

The camera used to take the nine pictures I have photographed is Nikon D5100 with an 18 to 55 mm lens. I have shot most of my pictures in the evening, that is, after 4 p.m. usually. Hence in a few pictures do not have the required lighting and exposure. I have made a few changes in the pictures and done basic editing with the help of iPhoto.

The subjects in my pictures are usually people dwelling on the streets, laymen, hawkers, etc. Through my pictures I have tried to capture their life and what they revolve around but also I have tried to capture their emotion
Working...
X