S K Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce
(Accredited ‘B++’ by NAAC)
The college has started the Bachelor of Mass Media (B.M.M.) Course from the academic year 2000-2001.
Course Co-ordinator: Dr. Sangeeta Kohli
|Prof. Ms. Parvathi Venkatesh||Dean Faculty of Arts, University of Mumbai
Head Dept. of Economics, S K Somaiya College
|Dr. Sangeeta Kohli||M. Com, M. Phil, Ph.D|
|Mr. Sachin Shukla||Economist, Head of Content,
Enam Securities Pvt. Ltd.
|Ms. Bernedett Dsouza||Associate Dean, Welingkars Institute of Management|
|Mr. Dayanand C||CEO, Inspire Communications & Ad Consultant|
|Mr. Milind Kokje||Editor, Zee News|
|Mr. V. Gangadhar||Sr. Column and Opinion Writer
Free Press, Indian Express
|Mr. Anurag Tripathi||Sr. Correspondent, Navbharat Times|
|Ms. Vrunda Moghe||Sr. Correspondent, Times of India|
BMM Festival: Estro
Students of the BMM department of SK Somaiya college of Arts Science and Commerce organize the media festival called ‘Estro’ every year. The festival is open to students of all BMM Colleges. The festival is judged by prominent personalities from the media and the film industry.
College organizes various Technical Seminars, festivals and cultural fests such as:
- Pointers: PG dept. Of Computer Science and IT annually organizes an Inter- University Technical Seminar and paper presentation called ‘Pointers- Addressing the future’
- Utkarsh: It is a platform for college cultural activities.
- Elevaura: Inter-Collegiate BMS festival
- Sambandh: Inter-Collegiate BMM meet, giving exposure to students to interact with industry technicians.
- Roars: Inter-Collegiate IT Festival.
S K Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce,
Telephone Number: + (91) (022) 2102 5113
PS. Hey ya! Did we goof up somewhere? Anything more exciting happening at your college? Feel free to add a comment below about…well just about anything at SK Somaiya BMM!