BOOK REVIEW Better Book Next Time, Mr. Bhagat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOK REVIEW Better Book Next Time, Mr. Bhagat

I found the book to be hastily written…probably the publishers' deadline was fast approaching...it doesn't do justice to the city of Ahmedabad, neither to the well known entrepreneurship of the Gujaratis. I expected a good story, but was disappointed. The author just rushes past through the infamous earthquake, without generating any significant impact on the story. Or maybe he was already visualizing a film being made on this one as well, as the riot act in the end just appears to be a crass action sequence straight out of some Bollywood flick. Way to go Mr. Bhagat, I read in the Mint that you've already earned enough to last you a lifetime, but that doesn't mean you can get away with such substandard stuff. After all writing about Gujarati culture doesn't mean just mentioning words like "khakras", "khandvi", "Patel"and "pol". And while mentioning "pol", how can the author mention the word without explaining what it means to all the non-Gujarati readers? Also, you just cannot mention pol and not go on to write even a little bit about the pol dynamics that go on..as it is my firm belief that every pol has its own uniquely structured setup, the study of which should be included as a subject in the B-schools along with Organisation Behaviour!! You'll find that all the aspiring management students can cope with different type of social scenarios at work better with this one… try it and if it works, you know whom to praise...but that’s just wandering away from the main topic a bit.
    Attached Files
Working...
X