THE ERA OF SPECIALISATION
NorthpointCentre of Learning offers 4 Post Graduate Career programs – Advertising, Digital Marketing and Media Management and 1 in the field of Market Research.
The programs aim to develop high quality manpower expertise for the fast changingAdvertising, Digital and Media Industry. The focus is to guide students towards choosing one of the preferred careers within the Advertising, digital or the media space.
-The Northpoint Centre of Learning provides a bridge between the evolving needs of industry for effective talent on the one hand and the developmental needs and aspirations of young professionals on the other.
-The courses are an 11-month residential program in a scenic campus at Khandala, away from the hustle bustle of city; it provides the perfect environment for learning.
– All training at Northpoint is done in close engagement with leading organizations in industry. Such partners, a growing list of 17 large companies, participate in curriculum design, in-class training (over a 100 senior managers come to teach specialized courses every year), field work and in-company internships on live projects.
Northpoint’s growing list of industry partners are:
Ogilvy, JWT, Lowe Lintas, Leo Burnett, AY Digital (New York), Nielsen, Lintas Media Group, Aegis Media, Carat, iProspect Communicate2, Posterscope, Vizeum, Carat Fresh Integrated, Doosra, Isobar, Position2 and Social Wavelength
Mr. HareeshTibrewala, Joint CEO of Social Wavelength, had this to say, “We are here, not just to build a business, but to build an industry. We are delighted to have this opportunity of working with a reputed institution like Northpoint and to contribute towards creating a qualified resource pool.”
Ganapathy Balagopalan, Vice President – Planning, Ogilvy & Mather thinks “Northpoint is a great opportunity to nurture talent with the right skills and attitude for an industry which badly needs it.”
– Field work and in-company internships are the pillars of these courses.
– Over 225 alumni are currently successfully placed in industry with many who are already well established entrepreneurs
The 4 Northpoint courses are as follows:
- Digital Marketing and Marketing Communications
- Advertising Management and Marketing Communications
- Media Management & Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
Success of this training model is expressed in the words of:
Saraswati Kheterpal, student of the PGPAMMC 2005-06 batch (who was initially placed at Publicis by Northpoint and now works with the CFI Group), “Northpoint Centre of Learning is a realistic balance between theory and practice. It is an educational centre which puts you in the shoes of a complete professional, who is fit to be a part of the industry. My program at Northpoint gave me exposure to – ‘Practical learning by doing!’ and I think that it is the only place which can do that.”