Some Number Crunching
Mumbai can accommodate only 3000+ odd students for Bachelor of Mass Media in approx 50 colleges.
Though the number of applicants is assumed to be more than 50,000.
Xavier’s BMM Department did not even a second list for BMM students…The quota of 60 students has already been taken by toppers and rankers.
All the top colleges have just 5-6 BMM seats vacant in the open category.
June 22 will be the last hope for all the students as the last list will be put up.
Not a long time ago, BMM (Bachelor of Mass Media) and BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies) were considered as alternate options for Commerce students. The courses looked and sounded cooler than the usual Bcom route. But, times have changed and so have the perceptions. These decade old courses have now become top priority for students, not only in Commerce, but also in Arts and Science. Apart from these, the decision to scrap the entrance exams has affected student’s big time.
What has made Bachelor of Mass Media one of the most popular courses? Here are some of things that have got it in the limelight:
• Course Flow: Practical + Theory Approach makes it a hit.
• Course Structure: The course is divided into 6 semesters with new subjects each semester. Thus, teaching more than 30+ subjects in a time span of three years. Subjects are related to mass media and give the students an insight into the Media Industry.
• Faculty: A mix of In-house and Visiting faculty from the industry strikes a connection and makes the students well connected to the industry.
• Projects: Not to forget the amazing project work done during the three years. It really raises the bar as far as creativity and technology is concerned.
We all know how good it feels to actually get admissions into a top college that you always wanted to go to, but due to the limited number of seats in each college, this may not happen for now. BUT, don’t lose hope and read ahead:
• Apply and Opt for a college close to your residence, so you get more time to concentrate on your projects and have more fun
• Study well in your first year and you always stand a chance to change your college in the second year.
• You can study in any college and still enjoy BMM by being a part of all the BMM festivals that happen across the city
Do let us know, what you think of the above article. You can just leave a comment below and we will surely reply back.
Read More BMM related articles here.